background

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and 5K!!!

We kick off Halloween by running a 5K to work off all that candy I know I will be eating! No, it was not an official race. We decided not to do that because you had to register by Oct. 14th and on the 10th we got 5 inches of snow! We didn't know what the weather was going to be like and didn't want to waste $25! Plus a couple in our ward was going to race it by themselves so the two girls I run with and I decided to join them. One girl dropped out due to health issues. So it was Maggie and Matt Hovey and their 2 boys (we pushed in strollers) Rachel LeBaron, and I.


Here are the 3 girls coming up to the finish line! I was really surprised the they did it! So proud of them!! Her I am crossing the finish line! I pushed one of Mggie's boys most of the way! It didn't bother me, I usually push Wesson when I run! Though I do like my jogging stroller a lot better. That one hurts my back!!!

Here we are after the race. We had great weather! It was around 35 degrees when we started the race. Perfect weather!!!

We decided to make our own shirts so, be appliqued a ghost in the front and "5k" on the back!!


Now for Halloween!!!!

This is Wesson he went as Curious George!!! I bought his pant and sweater and sewed the ears, tummy, and tail on!! I think he turned out super cute!!



Here is Kent! He went as the Man with the Yellow Hat!!! I made his pants, hat, tie, and then dye an old White Sunday shirt yellow!!! Very Handsome!!!

Here they are together!!!

Aren't the cute!!! I love their costume!!!

This picture Kent took at our ward "Trunk or Treat". I thought these costume ideas were cute! Zeke is Wall E and Reid is a pig in a blanket!!! Great Job Maggie!!!

2 comments:

Chase and Mel said...

Great pics. I love that you made your own 5K shirts. Very creative!

Valerie said...

What a CUTE idea! I can't even stand it!