background

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I did it!!!

I've been working on my running all summer, which is a big deal because I have never ran more than a mile in my life!!! I know!! Never did any sports besides Young Women Volleyball and softball, but that does not count. But I finally ran 3.1 miles without stopping!!! That is the whole West side of Lake Zorinski!! It took me 30mins to run it. I know that is very slow, but I did it also with Wesson in the stroller. Basically push 30lbs the whole time. Yesterday I ran it with only a 30sec walking break without Wesson. So I was very surprised I did it today! I am so proud of myself!!!

Update on "30 Day Shred"--- Well I went on Vacation in the middle of the first week and gained 3 lbs on it. But now I have lost those 3 lbs, plus a inch off my love handles. Yeah!!! I also have done level 2 twice!! In some ways I like it better, but then hate it at the same time. But I still love the workout!! The abs are a lot harder than level one, which is good because they were pretty weak.

2 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Hey congratulations on the running! That's is so great you made a goal, trained for it, and accomplished it! You go!

Talina said...

I agree on 30 day shred. I liked #2 better. I felt like I got a much better upper body workout (my shoulders are so sore today). But the abs were SO much harder! I think I'll just skip around on the workouts, modifying them to be easier or harder as needed so that I don't get bored doing the same one every day.
Congrats on your running! I am super impressed by that. I hate running. I remember making a goal to run an 8 minute mile a couple years ago. It took me a week or two to work up to it. I finally did it and then I didn't run again for like 6 months. :)
Keep up the good work!