background

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Alisa's and Matt's Wedding

Last week was a crazy week for me! One of my youngest sisters was getting married! And for once it was in Omaha and not AZ!! That's a good thing, because I don't think we could afford to go down for her wedding. Since it was here in town, I got to have lots of fun!!! I got to do her wedding invitations, bridal shower invitations, help host her bridal shower, make her guest sign in book, plus Kent and I were in charge of taking all of her wedding pictures!!! It was a very busy week, here is a run down of what it looked like. Monday, help get stuff ready for the wedding and my grandma came in town, Tuesday was Alisa's endowment and getting ready for the bridal shower. Wednesday was the bridal shower. Thursday I had 2 sisters come in town (Camilla and Charisse) they stayed at out apt. Plus, there was more food preparation. was decided  that I was going to make 2 little dresses for my nieces, so I sewed those half the day. Friday we set up for the wedding dinner, then took their formal wedding pictures, then there was the wedding followed my more pictures, then the dinner, and then tearing down the dinner, and another sister, Kaylene, and my niece Lania came in town.Saturday we got our hair done, set up for the reception, took pictures before the reception, reception, and then taking down from the reception. Between all of this was hanging out with my family trying to catch up on sleep dealing with Wesson, and finding a time and a place to put him down for a nap. Like I said, busy week. Here are some pictures from the week.

 Here are some of my favorite wedding pictures. The Winter Quarter's Temple really doesn't have any ground, so it makes it difficult to take a lot of pictures. Most of them we took at the cemetery. I was worried about taking their pictures because I have never done wedding pictures before, and she wanted them done at 11 in the afternoon. Not a great time for pictures in August! Luckily it was over cast most of the time.
At the wedding dinner Wesson discovered the trash can was on wheels so he became the bus boy. He would push the trash can around to whoever had trash to throw away. It was the cutest thing!! Someone would just call out to him that they had trash and he would bring the trash can to them! He loved it! Plus it kept him entertained!
Here are the two dresses I made. One in on my niece Lania and one is on Wesson. I wanted to see how they would fit. Since I had no measurements to go off from except Laina's last length from an appointment several months ago, and none for Brisa. Wesson, hated that I put him in a dress! He didn't know how to act in it. He kept trying to making it longer or shorter.
Here is the spenders and bow tie I made for Wesson. He of course isn't smiling for the camera, I was lucky that he was looking at the camera! I thought he looked very handsome!!! I wish Brisa was in town so I could get a picture of Wesson and the 2 girls in their matching outfits. But Wesson hates pictures and Lania screamed every time mom put her down, and Brisa was in Az.  Oh, well!
Here is a picture with all of my sisters! I love how we are all almost the same height!!! It's great!!
Here is Wesson killing it on the dance floor! He was bear hugging this girl for a good 5 mins. before she fell over on him and Wesson banged his head on the floor! I thought it was so cute!!!

Well.... that's it for now!!!

2 comments:

Harmony’s House said...

Cute! I love the suspenders! Did you have a pattern for those and also for Brisa/Laina's dresses? I'd love to get those! You did a great job with the pictures and everything!

Barnes Blog said...

Holy cow, so many weddings! I love you guys, you and your sisters are so cute, I love how you all look alike.