background

Monday, August 2, 2010

Waiting

During the last year, I have come to hate waiting! If felt like that was all I was doing! I would put off things in my life hoping I would be pregnant, so I wouldn't need to worry about it. I lost weight, but didn't want to buy smaller pants, because why waste money? I was going to be pregnant at any time, so I could wear baggy pants for a while. I would put off races, or training for a 1/2 marathon, because I didn't want to start and then get pregnant and stop training! I finally, took the plunge and not only did one 1/2 marathon but 2!!!! I'm so glad I didn't put off those races because I not only ran 1 1/2 marathon, but 2!!! I'm so glad I stopped worrying about if I was going to get pregnant or not!
I'm sure every girl out there that have tried to get pregnant, or have become pregnant. Know how awful it is to wait those 2 weeks after you ovulate to find out if you are pregnant!! Those weeks are killer! Well, since I've started treatments I feel like I'm going from one waiting moment to another. I wait to start my cycle. I wait to start taking medication. I wait to take ovulation test. I wait for a positive ovulation test. I then wait for an ultrasound appointment. I wait for a HSG trigger shot. I then wait for an IUI. And then I wait two weeks to take a pregnancy test. If it's negative. I have to wait another week. So nothing. I wait another week. Then wait to start Promtiume to start period. Then wait to start my cycle again!!! See what I mean!!! A lot of waiting, just to wait!!!! I am glad to have all the different things to wait for to break up the month and sort of let time go faster. This month, I did nothing. So if really feels like I've been wait forever!!!!
It's nice to look forward to something, but it stinks to be in a permanent waiting game. I am glad that I no longer am putting my life on hold for something that might not happen. I just need to keep doing things I would normal do and then change when I become pregnant. So next goal..... triathlon at the end of the month. Plus I start my new job in 2 weeks!!!

1 comment:

Scott and Genevieve said...

I know how frustrating it can be. I got pregnant with my first two kids the first month we tried. With our third it took us almost a year to get pregnant and we still do not know why. We are just glad that it finally happened! It sounds like you are doing a good job staying positive. Hope you have some good news to share soon!