background

Monday, February 6, 2012

December

  So I know! I know! It's February and I haven't blogged December yet. So beware this will be a long post with a ton of pictures. I'll try to shorten as much as possible.
We had some snow the beginning of December. ( I think)
 We went outside and enjoyed it.
We also brought it inside and enjoyed it!!

Another night we went over to my mom's house with my sister and we made candy, because what is December without Candy Making!!!
Wesson loved helping  with the chocolate. 


We had our Ward Christmas party for Church, which is a PJ party Saturday morning with muffins, cinnamon rolls, and fruit. We have a sweet short program and then at the end we have a special visitor.
Barrett could really care less who's lap he was sitting on. He just wanted to go home for his morning nap.
Wesson, on the other hand, hid under the table as soon as he saw Santa and then would just cling to my leg. Even bribes of candy canes and candy could change his mind. Finally, after everyone was done Santa talked Wesson into sitting on his lap.
This Santa is so sweet. He spent several minutes talking with each child. He read a book to them and told them how to tell if his reindeer are boys or girls. (they are girls, just so you know)
As we were leaving we had the first snow of the season. It was a magical day.

 Wesson helped he set of the tree.
 and decorate it.
Wesson even had a little table I allowed him to decorate it all by himself. He was so proud of it. He had fun decorating and re-decorating it. Notice the train tracks around the train station.

Wesson also had a short program at school. Grandma was kind to come watch and take pictures. Since I was working with my class. Wesson did a pretty good job singing. "Where is Santa?"
And also playing his guitar.
It was followed by cookies and a little party in the classroom. 

Aunt Melissa came over one night and had dinner with us and helped us make cake balls!!!

Barrett learned to pull himself up to the couch!!! He loves to stand. But he is so skinny and if he is wearing big pants he will dance is way out of them and the next thing you know he has know pants on!
I cleaned the carpets one day and Wesson loved playing on the cleaner. He loved to pretend it was a pirate ship. It's a good thing Santa brought him one for Christmas!!

We had to make cookies for Santa!!! We had lots of fun decorating them!!!


On Christmas Eve we went over to Aunt Jen's and Uncle Carson's house and the four kids acted out the nativity story. Since we only had 3 boys and one girl, Carlee was Mary, Jenson and Wesson both wanted to be shepherds.(they like have a cane), and Jace was a Sheep/ Joseph.  Barrett was  taking a nap during this and presents. We Skyped with the rest of the family, so they got to see our production. 
Yes, that is Santa on the tie!!!
After that we opened presents and then had a delicious dinner!!!
Here is Barrett in his Christmas shirt I made him!!! He woke up and was very happy!!!
After dinner we drove around and looked at Christmas lights and then went home and set cookie out and.....
Tie a rope to the balcony so Santa can climb up!!! Yes... that was Wesson's idea on how Santa will come in, since we don't have a fireplace. I suggested leaving the door unlocked, but that wasn't good enough.

They open PJ's, which I made for them, and headed to bed!!!



We had a great Christmas!!! Woke up unwrapped gifts, then headed over to my parents to have breakfast and open gifts. We then headed to church and then sent a nice quiet afternoon followed by a dinner at my parents. 
For Christmas Barrett decided that all those presents and wrapping paper was motivation enough to start scooting!!!

It was a wonderful Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

I'd leave a rope on the balcony too, ha ha! If Barrett was scooting then, then he must be really good at it now. Sweet.

Harmony’s House said...

Wesson has very good ideas! :) I love all of your projects, especially the boys' christmas pajamas. Your sillouette machine is really neat!