On our way home from Nauvoo we drove between two different tornado's. It was crazy!!! It was raining so hard that we couldn't see the road, it was hailing, and we could hear the sirens going off in the towns as we drove by on the highway. Then on Sunday we woke up to the phone ringing telling us that church was canceled due to no power at the building and lots of tree damage. I guess during the night there were tornado warning going off and Kent and I slept through the whole thing! The crazy thing is, that the tornado was a F-2 and on the ground for seven min. and came within a half mile from our house. We haven't had a tornado hit Omaha for many years so it was a shock to have one hit and have a lot of damage. There were trees on peoples houses and roofs blown off, but not one life was lost.
1 comment:
I still can't believe that you guys drove through two tornados on the way home from Navoo! You should post more of those lightning pictures. Those were amazing.
Is the picture on this post one that you guys took from that car ride through Iowa?
Thank you again for letting Chloe and I come have a "tornado party" the other night. What crazy weather we have been having!
Post a Comment