background
Saturday, December 6, 2008
The Crazy Month of November
So as you can probably guess from the title November was a crazy month for the Thorne family. It started off good for the first week, but then I got sick with Mastitis. (a extremely painful breast infection). Now I have had mastitis twice before so I know what I am looking for. I went to the Doctor and she gave me a stronger prescription so I was no longer allowed to breastfeed Wesson. I had to switch him to a bottle and formula, and I had to pump. This happened a few days before we left to go out of town. Wesson made the stwich fine, but the formula upset his stomache. So the whole vacation he was fussy and up all night. We got home from Denver and He was still fussy ( we had not stwiched formula yet, because we didn't know if it was that or that we were on vacation and he was teething) So Thanksgiving rolled around and he is still not sleeping through the night and is extremly fussy. I am pumping but giving him what we call 'boob juice" (breastmilk) and suplimenting with formula, because my milk supply decreased. Thanksgiving day he was a mess. Kent and I hardly got to eat. He throw up all over me and then all over the floor. I was a horible day. That weekend I got mastitis again and went to the doctor and she was concered because I would pump 1 oz of pure blood on the side that was not infected. So I had to get blood work done and was sent to the hospital to have an ultrasound done. (this is not the funnest of experiences) The doctor could only rule out that I did not have cancer (which was a good, because we found out this month that my dad has cancer, but that is another story) or anything else really big. The think it's just a really bad case the is deeply rooted in my breast. So I was put on a stronger perscription had to dump out all of my milk that I had stored up and Wesson had to go back on formula. This time we tried soy and he is much happier. We still have a couple of more week of the pumping formula act, before we can try again, if my doctor thinks it will be ok. As soon as I am done with the perscription I have to go back in to see her. Also in the mix of all this Wesson and I end up with high fevers for two days. November was not the best of months, but I hope December will be alot better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow, that is crazy. I do hope it is all better soon.
oh man! None of that sounds fun at all! I hope December is a better month for you and baby! I've been thinking about you a lot but it seems like there are so many things that get in the way of me calling. Just wanted to let you know I'm still thinking about you and I hope things clear up soon! Yikes! :-/
Man you have gotten the worst cases that I have ever heard! Poor girl! I hope that you can get it all cleared up.
That was me Jen posting not Carson
Post a Comment