I know I promised pictures and details of my last race, but all the pictures are on my brothers camera and I haven't taken the time to move them to my computer, but I can tell you the details of the race.
The Saturday after Halloween I ran an Cross Country 8K! This means 5 miles or pure hills! But not only are there hills, but you are running on grass, dirt, wood chips, and mud! You had to run up stairs, leap over logs, and run through a mud lake!!! I wanted to give up so many times, but I didn't and ran every step of the way! I ended up with blisters on the side of my feet from running on uneven surfaces! I ran it in about 55 mins! I was so tired when I crossed the finish line, it didn't help that I sprinted the last .2 only to find out that it wasn't the finish line and that I had to run another .2! I know that doesn't seem like a long distance, but it felt like a mile!!!
Thanksgiving I did a fun run! On line it said it was either 4 miles or 6 miles, but when I got to the run I found out it was either 4.3 miles or 7.4 miles! I went thinking I was going to run 6, but changed my mind. It was super cold! I believe it was in the 30's that morning. After running 2 miles my body had finally warmed up so I could feel my lips again! So I only ran 4!
I have decided that I am going to run a half marathon! I plan on running the one in Sedona, AZ the first Sat. in Feb., but I still need to call the air lines and find how much it would cost to change my ticket. I had previously bought tickets and fly home the day before the race. So we will see. I am still following my training schedule. Saturday I ran 7.4 miles! I hope to do all my long runs outside, but right now we are in a middle of a blizzard, so we will see! The rest of my runs I do at the Y! I hate it! I get sooo bored! I have to run and watch ESPN!! Can't they play something interesting! Plus I'm not used to running on a treadmill! It feels so awkward! But Kent is getting an Ipod for Christmas, so I will steal it and at least have something to listen to! So Saturday bring on 8 miles! Or 8.5! I try to stay a half mile ahead, so if I miss some running (like this week, I've been snowed in for 2 day, so no running!) I won't be too far behind!
Wesson had been so funny lately! The day before Thanksgiving was my MIL birthday. We sang the song once and then later we hear Wesson sing it! So now he sings it all the time! And wants me to sing it to him all the time, even when I am putting him to bed! But it's always Grandpa's birthday! He still loves animals and thinks all the reindeer on our Christmas tree are cows!! He has also discovered how to open doors!
I've been working on lots of projects for Christmas, but I can't post any pictures until later. But I'm really excited about some of them!
3 comments:
Way to go on your running! That's sounds so intense! You are one tough mama!
I'm so proud of your running! Inspirational! And yes, you did see Todd on Wheel of Fortune! Crazy, huh. :)
I just stumbled onto your blog.. its fuuny cause my baby's nickmname is Mnkey and my blog is called Mnkey in the middle( yours is also monkeys!!) and my hubby and son were the man in the yellow hat and george for halloween too. You'll have to take a look at my blog.. any-who happy holidays !
Post a Comment