background

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Running thoughts

I did my 12 mile run today! Only 1.1 miles left until I've completed a 1/2 marathon. I'm so excited that the race is just 2 weeks away. Having that 12 miler under my belt is a great boost in my confidence. Now that I've ran 12 miles I KNOW that I can pull 1.1 miles out on race day!!! So I guess my next question should be.... Is there a marathon in my future? I've never though of myself as a runner, in fact I hated running!!! I didn't even start running until July of 2009! WOW! I've come a long way. In seven months I've gone from being excited that I could run 1 mile (sad and pathetic, I know) to now completing a 1/2 marathon and thinking about a marathon?!? People ask me if I'm a runner, and I don't know who it respond. What do you think?

3 comments:

Torey said...

That's awesome! You are totally a runner in my book.

Tasha said...

Sorry I didn't get to talk to you Sunday--I meant to but didn't really see you. You are most DEFINITELY a runner: anyone who runs daily and is training for something as grueling as a half is a runner. Way to go on your 12 miles!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Yes, tell people you are a runner! You are doing so awesome! I'm so proud of how far you have come!