So I've been bad about blogging lately, so I decided that I would be equally bad and just blog about everything at the same time, instead of each individual thing. First.....
We went to Utah...
and had a wonderful time visiting friends. Unfortunately I didn't take my camera with everywhere I went so I didn't get pictures. One day we went to the Salt Lake City Zoo, which was very different than I am used to. Our friends asked us what were Wesson's favorite animals. We told them, "Hippos, Lions, and Zebra's". They then told us, " We don't have any hippos, or lions, and our zebra's just died yesterday!" OK! Even though we didn't get to see hippos, lion's, or zebra's we had a great time. Though if you are ever in Omaha, I can show you what a zoo looks like! I know I've been spoiled living where they have one of the top 7 zoo in the nation, but you got to have some lion's!
We tried riding the merry -go- round, but Wesson freaked out and would not go on one of the animal, so we had to sit in a lame bench that didn't move.
We also got a chance to visit with lots of friends and family while we were there, some of which Wesson still talks about.
We then headed to AZ!!!
This is the one time we have visited Az without having some big event happening where you are busy busy busy the whole time! It was nice to just hangout and have some free time. Wesson's favorite thing was to run around outside, look at the cows, play on the back porch, and to swing!!!!
Everyday he would beg to go outside and swing! He was a gentleman even shared his swing with Brisa! They both loved that! He also love to watch all the airplanes fly overhead.
We also put him to work and he helped Uncle Irving on the tractor! He loved that thing. Though, you can't tell by the look on his face. Unlike Brisa....
While we were in town I had to take time to see my new niece Lania.
So then we had to have the traditional grand kids picture. This was as good as it got.
We had a great trip. Wesson was especially good. He normally is a horrible traveler. He cry's all night because he is not in his crib. He take horrible naps. He is crabby all day. He is very active so I thought that all four of our flights would be crazy. But he surprised us and slept very well for nap and bedtime. We would lay him down and never hear from him. He slept most of the 3 out of 4 flight! It had the vacation very nice and relaxing.
Since we been home....
Wesson no longer sleeps in a crib. We got home from vacation and we noticed that he would lay down and go straight to sleep so I took the mattress out of the crib and placed it on the floor to see how it would work. We had the play and play set up so if we need it we could put him in there in stead of trying to put all of his blanket and mattress back together. He has slept every night in his bed without getting up or playing. Even when he wake up in the morning he will stay on his mattress and won't get off it until we get him. Nap time on the other hand, we had to use the pack and play because he wouldn't stay on his bed. Though that only lasted a week and he now sleeps on his mattress ... well sort of..
Today I finally took down his crib and packed it away. I am now on a look out for a toddler bed! I was surprised how easy it was. I've heard all kind of stories on how they transition their kid to a toddler bed and everything they go though. I'm glad he was easy!
This is what I found the other day when I went and checked on Wesson in the kitchen! He was supposed to be picking the grapes and putting them in the bowl so I could wash them for dinner. I know I make my child work!! Well, I guess he decided that the baking soda and my measuring spoons make a better toy! He was scooping the powder out of the jar onto the counter! What a mess!! I can't wait until there is no snow on the ground and I can send him to play in the sand, instead of my baking soda!
One of his new favorite things is to take his cars and use my ironing board as a ramp! Oh what fun!!!
He has also been wearing underwear!!!!
I know he is young! So I figure it will take him a good month of so, but I rather deal with accident now buying diaper for another couple of years. He will be 2 in a few month so I think that is just about the right age. I take him to the bathroom every 20 - 30 min and have him sit. He is not great at going on the pot, but he has learned to hold it. He usually just dribbles all day long. I put him in a diaper when I'm am going out, for nap, and bedtime. But He is usually in underwear from 8am -7 pm (expect for nap) He has on average 2 accident a day. We started last Friday, so it's been a little over a week! He pooped on the pot for the first time tonight! I know this is going to be a long road with lots of accident, but I'm not afraid. Having been a 2 year teacher for about 7 years I've potty trained tons of kids! We will see how it goes!! If you have any tip or suggestions feel free to let me know!
Also some exciting news....
My sister Charisse is engaged to Will Merrill. The day we flew back to Omaha. My sister and her boyfriend also flew to Omaha. To "ask my dad a question". We were lucky enough to be in on the action. Will Asked Kent and I to help his with the proposal, since he was doing it in a city he had never been before. They ended up going to dinner and while they were at dinner Kent and I went to a nearby park and set up and table with a table cloth, candles, Apple cider, blankets ( it was about 15 degree out and had been snowing all day) and cheesecake. Then we went and hid while he did the asking. So cute and romantic! They will be getting married May 21st in the Mesa temple! So that means another trip to AZ!!!
Now for running.....
Well my 1/2 marathon is coming up it's only 2 weeks away! I have my longest run tomorrow 12 miles!! For those of you who might not know a 1/2 marathon is 13.1 miles! I'll be running it in AZ. I'll fly down for the weekend without my husband or son run the race and head back to Omaha. I'm nervous because they say that the first 1/2 of the race is up hill followed by the last 1/2 down hill. I don't know those hill compare to the hills in Omaha. Plus I haven't been running a lot of hills due to all the snow. The sidewalks haven't been shovel very well, so I've been running the trail at Zorinski. Which has little hills. Though most of my long run have be in about 20 degree weather, so I'm worried about getting too hot while I run my race. I will be glad not to be running in snow that is several inches thick, while it is snowing, on ice, through slush, through puddles that soak your shoes within mins. and takes days to dry out your shoes. It will be nice to run on dry ground!!!
1 comment:
Half marathon! Go you! That's so exciting! You are going to do great!
Post a Comment