background

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Potty training.... how is it going?

So a few post ago I mentioned that we started potty training. No.. Wesson is not potty trained yet. But he is doing a great job for his age. He will be 2 next month and my goal is that he will be potty trained enough to wear underwear all day (except for nap/ bedtime) and keep them dry. Let week he had a set back, and really didn't potty train. Wesson was sick and had a fever for four days. So I kept him in a diaper and we cuddled all day instead. This week has been fantastic!!! He is getting better and better every day! He keeps his underwear dry all day, and goes pee every time I put him on the toilet. I take him about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours. He usually poops while he sleeps, so we have had to dealt with poopy underwear only once. I know once I start keeping him in underwear during nap time it will be hard, but it's nice not to deal with that now. He doesn't tell me when he has to go, but he tells me when he is done going on the potty. He looks up at me and tells me "All- done, Momma!" as he does the ASL sign for all-done. So cute!! I still put him in a diaper for church or if we are going  shopping. He is still too little and can't balance on a regular toilet by himself. Though if he keeps this up, I will try it next week maybe. And no.... Wesson does not run around with only his underwear on all day despite what the picture shows. That was when we were first starting. He always wear underwear and pants!

4 comments:

Harmony’s House said...

Hurray! It sounds like you are doing a great job teaching him and keeping him motivated! I think he's right on track for his age! And think about how many diapers you've already saved yourself!

Laura and Pablo said...

Good job Wesson!

Beka said...

wow you are motivated, he's not even 2 yet & he's a boy(most people say boys are harder to train)!! go girl! i hope he does well for you- you can save LOTS of money:)!!

Scott and Genevieve said...

Good luck with the potty training. It sounds like he's doing pretty good. My first was very hard to potty train and my second was very easy, so I guess it just depends on the kid!
Yes, I have had all 3 of my kids at home. Most people tell me I am crazy but that is where I feel the most comfortable. My mom had 9 of her kids at home and so when I started having kids I decided that was what I wanted to do. I love it!