background

Thursday, October 21, 2010

A week of sewing!

This is the darling apron that I made this week. I made it for a friend of mine, Tasha. It was her birthday and I've been meaning to make something for her, and I been wanting to make this apron. So.... I made the apron and gave it to her!!! I think it turned out really cute and it only took me about 2 1/2 hour total to make! I might just have to make another one! 


This is a purse my mom uses all the time, and my grandma decided she wanted one like this. So My mom gave me the purse to look and some material and I was left to figure it out. This is the back view.
This is the front view. Where the material changes colors, is a pocket. This was a challenging project for me, because I had to rely on all my sewing skills. I usually have a tutorial that I fall back on and a pattern to work with, and I had a purse to look at. As much as it challenged me, I liked trying to figure things out. I only had to undo 2 seams! One I forgot to leave a hole in the lining so I could flip it it. This is the end result.
It ended up being a little shorter than I liked, but my Grandma liked it and thats all that matters. I also added a pocket inside and made it really stiff for it stands up.
I also have been working on Halloween costumes. I'll post those at a later date.

No comments: