background

Monday, July 21, 2008

Hurricane?!?!

Sorry, I haven't posted in awhile no I'll try to catch up now.

So a few weeks ago I was on the computer when I heard the tornado sirens go off. I was confused because it was sunny outside. So being a good girl I turned on the news to see what was going on. Well there wasn't a tornado, there was just high winds. They were going about 100 mph. The sirens went off a few more times and I watched the storm roll in. Kent said the clouds looked like these tiger claws coming in fast. Kent managed to get get home right when it started raining. He come home and grabbed the camera to try to get some shots. He couldn't get and thing because the rain and hail was coming down so hard it was just a blur. Then about 5pm the power went out. So we tried to find our flashlights and check things out. The hail was slamming into the windows so hard we thought one of them broke. It was crazy. After the storm ended we looked out and saw the damage the storm caused. One of the huge pine trees in our court yard was split in half and there was another tree blocking the way out of our complex. When they cleared the way. I left to go check on a friend who lives about five mins. away. The streets were crazy. None of the street lights worked, there were cars just abandoned in the middle of the street, fences were gone, wire down. Trees in the road, on top of cars, and houses. We ended up not having power until noon the next day, but many people were without power for up to five days. It ended up not being a tornado, but hurricane like winds. Talk about crazy!
This is the tree that is in our court yard.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Holy Cow! You've lived through tornadoes and hurricanes. That's amazing.