background
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Go Big Red!!!
So today Kent and Wesson had the opportunity to attend their first HUSKERS game! A work friend of Kent gave us tickets. So we drove to Lincoln for the game. I was nervous about taking Wesson, afraid that he would scream the whole time, but he only cried for about 10 mins the whole time. He even took two naps during the game. We almost didn't get in, because we only had two tickets, not three. Wesson needed a ticket even though he would be sitting on our laps the whole time. But they let us through and told us never to do it again. It didn't matter if we had a newborn, the baby would need a ticket. Now for those of you who don't know about Nebraska and it's football, should be warned! 1) Never comment that the Huskers are just a college team 2) if you don't wear red or a Nebraska shirt watch out!! 3) If the Huskers lose the whole state is mad! and 4) The fans are really happy if the team is going good, if not they are screaming at the refs, coaches, players, and to ever will listen. Lucky for us they won! The weather was perfect! It was in the high 60's and ever so often it would sprinkle. You needed a light jacket or just a short sleeve shirt and you didn't have to worry about getting too hot or cold!

This is the "Sea of Red" (I told you everyone wears red!)
This is after the first touchdown! They always release red balloons.
Man I look cool!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
how fun! glad you had a nice time!! have a good sunday.
Wow that games looks like a lot of fun! I'm so glad they could "bend" the rules so you could take Wesson in! I can't believe the baby actually needed a ticket! Who requires that? I bet it's fun having a team that everyone is rooting for! Thanks for the pictures!
-Harmony
Cheater! If it wasn't for Nebraska hospitality! Just kidding. :) We took Zeke and his two similarly aged cousins to a basketball game when they were Wesson's age, and Zeke was the only one who slept through the whole thing.
Oh my Wesson is huge!!! I haven't seen him in way too long. Yeah my phone situation SUCKS. I will have to see if there is any hope for it - Call me when you get the chance because I don't have your number on my old phone that only works in the car! I want to go to a husker game! That sucks that I have to buy Kate a ticket:(
Post a Comment