background

Saturday, July 25, 2009

South Dakota Trip!

Ok, I'm finally getting around to blogging about our South Dakota Trip. Instead of posting a bunch of pictures I'm just posting the scrapbooking pages that I've completed already. I was really excited about this trip because my brother, sister in law, niece, 2 sisters, and two cousins were coming from Az and meeting us in SD for all the fun!!!
We left Wednesday morning at 4! I was hopeing that Wesson would sleep most of the time, but he didn't. We picked my family up from the airport and headed to Mount Rushmore!


Here is our whole group!


Here is my little family in front of Mount Rushmore! It was amazing to see it up close!


Here are some more pictures taken at Mount Rushmore.

After Hiking around Mount Rushmore we headed to The President's Slide! This is a must do!! It like the Alpine Slides in Utah! You take a tram up, grab a sled, and go as fast as you want down. It goes for about 2,000 ft. Lots of fun!


After that we headed to our campground, set up camp and enjoyed the wonderful weather. It was a beautiful campground and we bascially had the whole place to ourself. The only problem was the lack of a shower. So please excuse our appearences. There was no make up or hair products used on this trip. Though we did mange to wash our hair once in the utility sink.

We stayed in Wind Cave National Park. So of course we had to explore those. They had several different tours, so we got to pick which one to go on. Kent HATES caves. I would to, if you have to bend over the whole time and hit your head over and over. But that's what you get when you're 6" 5'. Needless to say he stayed in camp and watched the babies so we could enjoy the caves. I went on the Wild cave. This is the most complex, biggest cave in the world. This tour is held only once a day four 10 people. This is the hard core tour. It consist of hard hats, knee pads, and signing your life away if something should happen to you. It's 4 hours of crawling, scooting, and climbing. You never walk up right, and there is no path. There are bottomless pits, cliffs, and drop off everywhere. You have to be extremely carefull at all times and must have 2 parts of your body touching the cave while you move a third part. Food and water is not allowed in the cave, so if you decide you have to go.... well you go is this bottle and you carry it out. Gross, I know. I made sure I went right before we decended 20 stories into the ground. I had an AMAZING time. We saw lots of cool rock formations and had a once in a life time experience.

Cameras were not allowed, so here are some before and after shots.

Kent and Levi love to play "Toss a Baby" with Wesson. He loves it!

How cute is this?

We played alot of Horseshoes while we were in camp. I love playing horseshoes and become pretty good.

We also did alot of hiking, but have not scrapbooked those yet. I plan on getting those done and posting them later.

5 comments:

Harmony said...

Wow great pictures and you look like you had a great time!!!

Rachel@MyPinkFlipFlops said...

That is so awesome! I love your scrapbook pages. You should post them on DSP!

Tasha said...

I can't believe you've already scrapbooked the pictures! The pages look so good!

Matt and Maggie said...

I'm so glad you posted the trip. How cool! I'm sad I couldn't go on a walk with you!! I was hours away on the road when you rang. I hope your car rides were close to angelic. Our boys have done pretty well, but I'll tell you this: Reid despises the car seat, poor little guy!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

You're getting REALLY good at making those digital scrapbook pages. They look really nice :)
Call me sometime, and we can hang out!!