So I think I have doubled my size from last time. I'm huge, though I still feel smaller than I did with Wesson. Though I'm twice the size as most people that are 6 months. Oh, well, that's the life of someone who is short and has a huge husband!!! I feel like I have more energy these last couple of months. I don't have to take as many naps, but I do have to lay down and rest. I've been a lot move uncomfortable lately. My back and ribs are in constant pain and my stomach aches all the time. I have a whole set of braces that I wear most of the day. A physical therapist gave them to me last pregnancy to help with the pain. I have more pain than most people because I have scoliosis with plays havoc with my back. I do go to a chiropractor twice a week which helps a lot. I've slowed down my running a lot. I still do 3 miles 3 times a week, but I walk more. I've been having pain in the lower abs and uterus area and sometimes I get what feels like huge craps on the side of my belly. I find if I run on a treadmill it's a lot better than when I run outside, I don't know it it's the hills or the running surface that makes a difference, but I get less pain. The last 2 week I had a pain on my inner upper thigh, almost like a pulled groin muscle. But it hurt when I walked, sat, and got out of bed. I could run, do steps, and swat without any pain. So not wanting to make things worse I took last week off. I did go to the chiropractor who told me that my hips were twisted and that caused the pain. After getting adjusted twice I was pain free. So, I plan on running this week and maybe work off some of that Thanksgiving dinner! I go to the doctor on Wednesday and find out how much weight I gained this month. I'm sure it's more than I planned (a pound a week) due to not running as much and all the food that I ate. I also have another ultrasound this visit and I get to drink my tasty orange drink!!
Thank you all for your response to the last post. It really helped me out. I think I will be changing to a midwife who works in the same doctors office as I go to and deliverers at the hospital. So if needed I can still get the help I need, if it comes to a c-section or a ruptured uterus. I feel that the midwife will be more understanding to my need and want to have a successful VBAC and go natural. I feel she will give me the time to go into labor on my own. I did look into hypnobabies and doulas. I feel like it's too much of a gamble with money to pay for it, since I don't know if I will have a c-section of not. We also simply do not have the money for it. I did do some of a hypbirth last time with helped with relaxation, but I could never put myself in a hypnosis. I don't believe in myself and find it weird. I plan on listening to those cds. My friend Ruthann mentioned a book that sounds interesting, which I have put on my Christmas list and hope to get. I have started to mental prepare myself. I still have to talk to my doctor and switch to a midwife and check with insurance, but I feel much more at peace with this approach. Again thank you for your responses.
3 comments:
:)
Sounds like you have a good plan.
I don't think I was ever truly in hypnosis either, just relaxed. But the relaxation helped and the info in the book gave me to knowledge to know what was going on with my body and not be scared. That knowledge was probably the most helpful thing.
I still think you look as cute as can be! I'm sorry it's starting to get painful though! Hopefully all the holidays will make the time go by more quickly!
You'll do great! I'm sure you will have a successful VBAC too! As long as this baby faces the right direction and what are the odds of two babies in a row being confused?! (:
Good luck!
Oh and you look ADORABLE! Don't stress so much about the weight.... it fluctuates so much with water anyways. you will lose whatever you end up gaining in no time! You are so motivated. Just enjoy the pregnancy and relax with one baby while you can (:
Post a Comment