I am soo upset with my weight gain this month. I really shouldn't post this, and I might regret it later, but I don't care. This last month I didn't run the week of Thanksgiving other than that I've slowed down some, but still get in the miles. I did eat Thanksgiving, but not a ton. I was wishing for a lbs a week (4), I figured I was about a 6 lbs gain. But no...... it was a 9 lbs gain!!!!! 9lbs!!!!! I guess I need to increase my workouts to everyday, and be even more careful about what I eat. Maybe I'll get luck and not gain any the next month.( Yeah right)
7 comments:
Did you eat anything that might have made you retain more water than normal? For example, we ate turkey dinner with friends who soaked the turkey in salt water for 2 days to tenderize it before cooking! Yikes. It was yummy turkey, but I wonder if it also made us retain a bunch of water. Water weight could account for a pound or two. Also, before Greg has a way in, he drinks a "Big Bird shake" (really high in fiber, seeds, etc) which helps him go... That way he knows he doesn't have anything "extra" in his system. I know these are just technicalities, but it's possible that 2-4 of those pounds you gained weren't baby or fat! :)
*weigh in. I sure wish I proof-read that!
Be careful not to work out too hard, or deprive your baby of food. You can always lose the weight. Though the amount of weight you gain is a goal, a healthy baby is the main goal, right?
Don't be too hard on yourself. You ARE pregnant. You are in alot better shape than when you were pregnant with Wesson. (And even better shape than I am/was with any of my pregnancies.) I'm sure when the baby's born and your life is in order, you will be able tp go back to your normal schedual and loose it quickly. Ket go a little.
Um...you're pregnant. Good for you for taking good care of yourself.
My sister in law always gained a healthy 25-30 lbs a pregnancy, but around the 20-24 week mark (between those two appointments) she ALWAYS put on 8-10 lbs (with all three pregnancies). I think there may be something around the 'half way' mark that makes some women suddenly jump in their weights, and it's a perfectly healthy weight gain :-)
I think you should stop weighing yourself because you seem to obsess too much over the numbers. Just exercise and eat healthy and take care of yourself. The weight isnt necessarily fat. And you look bigger because you have been preggo before and you split your abs last time... I dont think once they are split they grow back so the big belly is just expected. (:
You look great and I don't think you will be gaining lots of fat anyways. You are doing great at taking care of yourself.
Have you picked out a names?? (:
Post a Comment