Last night while we were watching fireworks Wesson asked me "What are fireworks made of?" It stumped me for a while and Kent jumped in and answered it for me. Then today he asked me "What are Wii remotes made of?" I told him "wire, batteries, buttons, and plastic. But you should ask you Uncle Levi about that." I don't think Wesson was very impressed with my answer. I'm afraid what he will ask me tomorrow. He will grow up thinking that his mom doesn't know anything!! Where does he come up with questions like these?!?!
2 comments:
Instead ask him, "Hm. What do you think is in it?" or "Well that's something that we can read about at the library. You can always look something up in a book!" You want kids to know that they have answers inside of themselves as well, so teach them to ask themselves first. He could look at it and see the plastic and buttons! Show him how to find information other ways. You will still look like a genius when you find a kiddie library book about electronics and explain it to him!
Good questions! I'll look them up and prepare for the future.
Post a Comment