| Weeks | Workout 1 | Workout 2 | Workout 3 |
| 1 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes. |
| 2 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. | Brisk five-minute warmup walk. Then alternate 90 seconds of jogging and two minutes of walking for a total of 20 minutes. |
| 3 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then do two repetitions of the following:
|
| 4 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
|
| 5 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog two miles (or 20 minutes) with no walking. |
| 6 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then:
| Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2-1/4 miles (or 25 minutes) with no walking. |
| 7 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.5 miles (or 25 minutes). |
| 8 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 2.75 miles (or 28 minutes). |
| 9 | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). | Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). | The final workout! Congratulations! Brisk five-minute warmup walk, then jog 3 miles (or 30 minutes). |
background
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Couch to 5K
I saw this workout on Mallory's Blog and thought I might want to try it. It's called "couch to 5K" You do it three times a week for nine weeks. I'm not much of a runner, but I figured I might be able to do it. So I tried it today for my first time. Let me tell you it's a lot harder when you are pushing a stroller! Especially it you have a getto stroller like mine. If fact it is so getto this is the first time I have used it. I usually just front pack Wesson everywhere. It's an ok stroller, someone gave it to me, but it's just really big. I have a hard time fitting it in my trunk. But I hope I can stick with the program and do it. I really need to invest in a time piece with a second hand. All I had was my cell phone, so it was hard to know when 90 sec was up. But I did the best I could.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think Greg tried to do this once but he pushed himself too hard and got shin splints and had to stop. Let me know how it works out for you! You are really getting a workout with that baby in tote on your jogs! ;) Good thing he's so cute!
Love,
Harmony
honestly, that is the best way to lose weigh and shape up... the alternating of jogging and walking. i did that while i was working in ky 3 yrs ago and really got in awesome shape fast.
good luck.
Post a Comment