background

Monday, August 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Kent!!!

Saturday we celebrated Kent's 25th birthday with both of our family's. Kent decided that he wanted home made ice cream and rootbeer, so we can make floats. I thought it was an excellent idea and got the ingredients together. During the day Kent got to go shooting with all of his brothers and dad, while I stayed home and made the cake, ice cream and rootbeer. The cake turned out great and I was getting the ice cream ready to mix when Kent got home. He got the ice cream all ready and plugged in the mixer and it was broken. So he decides that he really wants home made ice cream so he runs to Wal-mart to buy a mixer, well they are out of season right now. While he is gone I'm working on the rootbeer and I was putting the dry ice in when it started bubbling so hard that it was gushing over the edge of the cooler. Only I didn't notice at first because of all the fog. When I notice I grab the 5 gallon cooler and try to carry it to the sink which is really heavy so it will not make more of a mess. I turn around and I have rootbeer completely over two of my counters, all over the floor, and myself. That is when I notice that Wesson had woken up from him nap and was screaming in the other room. I look at the clock and realize that I have a half hour until people are showing up. I'm covered in rootbeer, as well as the kitchen. Wesson is screaming. I have wet hair, no make-up, and I have to change my clothes. I get everything cleaned up and Wesson happy before people show up, but man what a day! We had lots of fun eating, playing guitar hero, and swimming. My dad ended up fixing the ice cream mixer, and saved the day. We still have four gallons of rootbeer left over and a gallon of ice cream. Looks like I'll be eating that for every meal:)Kent with his birthday cake. The candles make a 25, but you can't tell in the picture.

1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

I'm a couple months older then Kent! '83 was a good year. :)

Happy Birthday.