background

Saturday, April 24, 2010

10K!!!

Today I ran my second 10K. It was a nice race that fit in with our training schedule. Oh... because I forgot to mention that Erica and I are running a 1/2 marathon in June! So it was our 6 mile run today! Levi also ran it with us. Well... not with us. He was way ahead and came in 4th of everyone! He ran his in 46 min.! Plus he is sick!

 Here we are finishing the race! I think I always look funny when I run. This race was awful! They didn't start the race until 1pm, so we were running during the hottest part of the day! We were not used to the heat. They didn't have any aide stations either! Erica started suffering from shin splints after mile 1. Both of us felt like we had no energy. I don't know what our problem was. We stopped a few time to stretch, to see if that would help her leg, but it didn't help. We walk quiet a bit. We didn't want to injure her leg more, but wanted to run at make it in 1hour. So we did intervals. 3 mins of running, 1 min, or walk. That helps a ton. And as you can see we made our 1 hour time. It said 1hour and 1 min, when we crossed the finish line, but we started later than the start time. So we made out 1 hour goal! And we walked!
Here we are after the race all hot a sweaty! I have a 5K on Memorial Day and then our 1/2 in June! Next week it's 8 miles baby!


1 comment:

Matt and Maggie said...

This race will feel cold compared to the races this summer! :)
Good job, LanaMarie!!