background

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wesson is the BIG 2!!

We had several small birthday celebrations for Wesson's big day. We had a party with Kent's side, a party with my side, and then on his birthday we had a small one with just us. It was nice, not too many people and a way to get everyone in our small apartment. This is the shirt I made for Wesson's big day!!! I thought it turned out really cute. He loves it and wears it all the time.

This was the cake I made for Kent's side of the family. Wesson loves dump trucks and I thought this would be a fun way to have a cake. Plus Kent's side is the only side with kids. So I thought my niece and nephew would enjoy this cake, but they couldn't make it because Wesson was sick.
Plus he loves playing with the dump truck that we got for his cake. It's his BIG dump truck!!! We go out front after naps and play with the truck. Fills it up with rocks and then dumps them out. I'm sure the apartment manager just loves us for that!
Here is the cake I made for my side of the family. If you look closely you can see that it is pink! I tried to make it a bright fire truck red color. I even used 1/2 a bottle of red food coloring, but it would not turn red! So my son had a pink firetruck for his birthday! He loved it! 
One of his favorite things was getting Uncle Levi to put him in his dump truck and push him across the room! Oh! What FUN!!!
Wesson had a wonderful birthday, thanks to all who made it a great day!

4 comments:

Harmony’s House said...

Loved the cakes! You did a great job!

Torey said...

My he's getting big! I like the t-shirt. Very cute.

Tasha said...

The shirt looks great, as does both cakes! So creative! And sorry about the job thing--it doesn't make any sense.

Matt and Maggie said...

The cake doesn't look too pink in pix. I had the same issue. So I will be buying red frosting next time I need it!!
I keep forgetting a story I want to tell you. Let's talk soon!