background

Sunday, April 25, 2010

What a downer!

So for those of you who don't know. I work at a in home daycare with at my friends house. We have about 8 kids total including Wesson. I get to take him, and he plays with the other kids while I work. It's great! I work for about 4 four hours in the morning and get home in time for nap. I really enjoy the other I work with.
But then about an hour ago. she called me at told me that our business relationship isn't working out and not to bother to come in tomorrow! What? I didn't even know there was a problem! She is pregnant and hired another girl to help her out when she goes on maternity leave. She cut back my hours and I talk to her about it and we compromised on hours. Then last week she cut back my hours again because the other girl wanted more hours and was threatening to quiet.  I totally understood where she was coming from and told her that would be fine. And now I'm fired!!! I'm shocked! I guess the other girl is a lot better than I am! Oh, well.... I guess I'm more hurt about the whole thing. I don't know what to do. We plan on the extra money that I make and I don't think I can find another situation like I was in that allowed me to earn money and be with my son at the same time. Oh... well such is life. I better move on. Thanks for listening. I just needed to get it out of my system before I get mad.

4 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Do daycare out of your own home. Get ahold of your state's DES (Department of Economic Security-you can find the info online) and they will help you get registered to do daycare. It's a lot of paperwork, but if you need to make some money and want to stay home with Wesson, it's totally worth it. That's what I do!

Harmony’s House said...

That really sucks! I cannot believe that other girl is better than you. I don't know anyone better than you with little kids! I hope this means a better alternative is going to be entering your life very soon!

Scott and Genevieve said...

So sorry to hear. I hope you can find something else to do that works just as well for you.

Valerie said...

Charles had the same experience last month, and there was really no good reason for him to be the only one to have his hours cut. He was like, "What do you expect me to do now?" Luckily he's found two jobs for the summer now. Good luck! You'll find something! I hope!