background

Monday, May 10, 2010

Projects!!!! From last week!

So....I went a little crazy doing sewing projects last week. Here are the project I finished and did last week. This is a comforter I made for Wesson's bed. He out grew all of his infant blankets and it was time I made a bigger blanket for his bed. He is in love with firetrucks right now, so I found some cute firetruck material and matched it up with a cute red and white polk a dot material and then machine quilted it all together with some batting in between.

Here is the blanket on his bed. I decided now I need to make a cute pillow case for his bed that matches.

Here is the skirt I was making for Easter. But I didn't finish it until last week, so It was just in time for Mother's Day. I like it. It's look a lot more flattering on me instead the hanger. But I don't have a tripod, so this is what you get. It has a side zipper, but due to complications my mom put the zipper in.
These are the towels and hot pads I made for my mom and Mother in Law for Mother's Day (sorry if you see this before you get it) I used some left over material and ribbon that I had laying around and I bought the towels. For the inside of the hot pads I used several layers of an old sweater cut up in squares. I thought it turned out cute. I even put ribbons on it so it would stay on the oven and not keep falling off. I told Kent this is what I wanted for Mother's Day and I wanted him to make me some. He just looked at me, and told me to dream on.

Here are some burp rags I made for a baby shower. I try to keep a pack of cloth diapers on hand to make burp cloths. Then I just use scraps of ribbon and material I have. Ta-Da! Fast gifts for a last minute shower!

Then I made some slings. 3 of them! One I added in my baby shower gift and another one I gave to my sister in law.Then I just have an extra on hand right now. I love these slings! They go together so fast and easy! Plus every time you buy fabric for one, you get enough fabric for 2 slings!

Here is a cute ruffle butt oneies I made for my cute little niece Lania. For when I go to AZ on Friday!!! These are really fast to made too. This was my first one! I think it turned out pretty cute!

No.... I don't have any sewing projects lined up for this week. This week is devoted to packing and last min. errands I have left to do. I got all my projects out of the way last week. Though I do have some like this in mind in making as a card for my sister's wedding ......
Nice hun...... (yes, this is the card I made Kent for Valentine's Day!)

5 comments:

Tasha said...

That's an awesome card! Very creative! I loved the sling you made and the burp rags...pretty much if you made it I love it!

Matt and Maggie said...

I am SO glad you posted that card!! However Zeke looked at it and said, "Mom, is that a car?" I'm like yeah, hun, that is a car.... :)
Oh, and if Kent tells you to "dream on", I think that is a HUGE compliment! He won't just look at it and say any one can do that. LOVE IT!

Devin & Ruthann said...

I'm gonna copy that card for my hubby!

Harmony’s House said...

Love the card!

Liz L said...

You are so creative! I need sewing (and card making) lessons before we move ;)