background

Saturday, March 21, 2009

So maybe it's not so great that your child eat everything


So as you know Wesson likes to eat. Well not only does he like to eat, he like to chew on things. His favorite things are lotion bottles, pill bottles, and his baby Tylenol. I know what you are think..... "You let him chew on that! You are going to pay for that!" Well I was over at my mom's doing laundry like I do three times a week, and Wesson was being fussy and didn't want to be buckled into his car seat to go home. So I grab the Desitin from the diaper bag give it to him and he is quiet. I get home and go to get him out of the car to find that he had opened the Desitin (which he hasn't figured any of this out yet). I take it from him hoping he didn't get any in his mouth, but there is cream on his cheeks and it's all over his tounge. I look at the back of the Desitin tube to read "If swallowed get medical help of call the poision control right away" So I now I was really worried espeicailly because Kent and I were planning on going on a date and my sister was going to watch him and would she know what to do or what to look for if he reacted? So I call the poison control ready for them to yell at me for being a horrible mother for letting my baby eat Diaper cream. But they were really nice and told me that he might throw up and that he might have loose stools in the next couple of days, but give him something to eat that will sooth his stomache. So he had dinner and I haven't noticed anything different. But know I know that all those people are right. I should not let my child chew on bottles and that I will pay for it!

2 comments:

richard o. said...

Tell Kent not to let Wesson do that. I know it was Kent's fault. At least it wasn't the aspirin bottle.

Chase and Mel said...

oh goodness. glad he is fine.