So.... on Saturday I'm running a 10K! I know I'm crazy! Last Saturday was the first time I actually ran that long with the help of my wonderful brother. He kept me going the whole time. Several times I felt like throwing up, but after I finished I felt great! I wasn't even really sore the next day.
So the next day I registered for the race! So I'm going to run this thing and not walk once! I know I am going to come in last, but who cares! I do know that I will come in last. Here are the facts:
1. I ran 6.3 miles in 1 hour and 17 min.
2. For the last 5 years the person who came in last ran it in 1 hour 3min.
3. I can not run it faster.
4. I will come in last.
5. But I will run the whole 6.2 miles!
5 comments:
I like that determination and I'm betting you won't be last. The crowd will motivate you and you'll run faster than you even though you could. I'll be rooting for you from afar...
You're so funny. You'll do great. Unless you are forced to give your name, nobody will know it was you who broke the 5 year streak. LOL
Thank you so much! I'm so excited to do some sewing! And you amaze me! I miss running, but not enough to get back into it . :) And I don't want to jinx anything, but something about race day always makes you run faster. And you are running with music, right? That always seems to make it more fun. Good luck!
You're awesome! It's never about winning, it's about finishing. You'll do awesome!! I can't believe you've been running that far!
you're awesome Lana! keep up the good work! i wish i had you determination!
Post a Comment