So... I did it!! I ran the whole time! I ran it in 1 hour ans 7 min! That's 10 mins. faster than last week!! So we ran a little faster than an 11 min mile. Our goal was 12 min. miles. Plus I didn't come in last!!! About 5 people came in after Levi and I. Plus there were several that dropped out and didn't make it to the finish line!!! I felt great after the race!!! I'm so glad that I did it, but I would not have been able to do it with out Levi's help!! Thanks a ton Levi!! You are the best brother ever!!! The weather was perfect! Cloudy and cool! We had to wear sweaters and pants before the race and then during the run we stayed nice a cool! Not to hot, but not too cold! Kent and Wesson made it to the race (they were running late last time and got there after we finished) in time to cheer us on as we crossed the finish line. So here are the pics...

Here we are about .2 from the finish line! Almost there!!!

Crossing the line!! Levi was a gentlemen and let me go first!!

After the race all sweaty and glad to be done!!

Uncle Levi being silly! It's a good thing that Wesson loves him!!!
Future running plans: 5K on Halloween
8K the week after Halloween
5K or 10K on Thanksgiving!
Then here in Nebraska it gets to cold with the snow and all to run... sad day... I still need to figure out what I'm going to do in the winter. Any suggestion?
4 comments:
Great job LanaMarie!! You are looking good!
I suggest you find a nice treadmill with a tv in front of it for the winter :)
otherwise, you could walk the mall with the old people, but that's not running, and usually there is some person handing out samples of cinnamon rolls ... so it kind of defeats the purpose.
Nice going! I'm so impressed--and you keep planning to do more races week after week...is a marathon a goal for the future?
Winter running isn't so fun. If you can't stand a treadmill (like me), you could do the running tights, earmuffs, and gloves. The running tights and under-armor shirt is surprisingly very effective. But running on ice...I don't know.
I talked myself out of doing the 5K on Halloween, but I am reconsidering AGAIN.
I am so glad your brother let you go first. That is so nice.
Congrats again.
Wow! That's amazing!
Post a Comment