background

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

5K!!!

On Monday I ran my first race!! It was only a 5k, but I loved it! In fact I want to see if I can push myself and do a 10K in 3 WEEKS!! I know! I must be crazy! I ran it in about 31 mins, so that's about 6 mins. faster than my normal time. I know the time in the picture is different, but it was not a chipped race, so the time is off. We started in the back and took us a while before we actually crossed the starting line. The weather was perfect and the trail was mostly flat!
My running buddies! My sister Alisa (who ran the whole thing after training for only 3 weeks) and Mel ( who had never ran 3.1 miles before, pushed me the whole time, and has a 3 month old!)

Finishing the race! I sprinted the last .1 miles. I took off flying! I didn't even know I could run that fast! I passed about three people and was about dying when I crossed the finish line.
Here we are are sweaty and gross, but really happy to have finished the race. Alisa ended up placing 3rd in her age group. Not bad with only three weeks of training! This race has totally increased my love for running! I really hope I can do a 10K in three weeks, if not I'll just do the 5K again. I plan on adding one mile every week! Think I can do it?


So I just looked at the results online and here they are: I came in 78 out of 131 contestants. Then in my age group 25-29 I was 19 out of 27. I know those are not great, but I wasn't last!!!

5 comments:

Torey said...

Congrats! Keep up the good work.

amattiee said...

AWESOME! you are an inspiration LanaMarie!

Bethany said...

Wow! Good for you! I'm not sure if I have the motivation to do something like that. At this point, I'm pretty proud if I make it out to walk the dog around the block. You go girl!

Matt and Maggie said...

You are first in my book, woman!!

Tasha said...

Way to go! Is there anything you don't do?