background

Monday, February 14, 2011

35 week appointment

Today was my 35 week appointment. I was excited because lately I've  had lots of  Braxton Hicks, which with Wesson I never had, and I was supposed to get check. I was hoping They would tell me I'm effaced or something. Well, she was running way behind and I didn't get checked. Bummer. I know most people don't like to be checked, but I just like knowing! On the bright side, I only gained 2 lbs, making up for my weight lost from the last 2 weeks, and I was only measuring at 37 weeks. That is the same as I was measuring 2 weeks ago!!! So now I only measure 2 weeks ahead instead of 4 and they know I have extra fluid. I am hoping that it means that my doctor will stop worrying about the size of the baby and me trying VBAC. Either way, I go back in 2 weeks and have an ultrasound. It sounds like at the next appointment she wants to make some decisions about the birth of this baby. I'm worried that I will have to go in ready to fight for what I want. I really want Kent to come with me as back up support, but there is no way he can get off work to come. I just hope that the baby doesn't measure as large as they think, I don't measure any bigger, and that my doctor will listen and respect what I have to say about the choices made. I plan on just telling her that I really only want a C-section if it's the last option. I know that might sound dumb to some people, but it's how I feel. Oh.. well.. If you have any suggestion on what I can say or do, let me know. 

2 comments:

Devin & Ruthann said...

Be strong and let her know what you want! It's your body and your baby. Let her know how important it is to you to try without a C-section.

bowsclips said...

LanaMarie in my personal experience it's all in the nurse because that's who you are in the hospital with only they call the Dr to come to the hospital. Just express to your nurse your deep desire to go natural. When I had Jarom at 36 hours of labor no progression and My Dr. coming in to lecture me in tears I finally gave in and told the nurse after the Dr left that I would go through with the c-section. She said ok but when you came in you expressed how much you wanted to go natural. She gave me other options that the Dr had not mentioned because the Dr just wanted a c-section to get it over. We decided on an option and she got the approval fom the Dr. She was the one that pulled me through. You can go to the hospital with I belive it's a birth plan is what it's called but it just put's down your desires in writing because as you know in labor you kinda loose it mentally. Also, as a side note if you get a nurse that is not supportive of a v-back or you don't feel is helping you through the process you can request a new nurse it may sound rude to do but you need to have a nurse that is going to help you through the process. However, having said that there does come a point when if the Dr says it's what needs to happen and you and Kent pray and feel it's right don't be afraid of the c-section it doesn't make you an lesser of a woman. Keep in tune with your body focus and pay attention to what your feeling and it can really help you to let tht e Dr know that your doing ok. As much as I wanted to go fully natural I would have never delivered Jarom naturally without the epidural that I didn't want because I didn't progress until I received it. Had I not listened to my nurse I wouldn't have 4 children today because I couln't have 4 c-sections that close. Sorry i'm rambling also as a side note of high risk VBAC read up on the herb Sheperd's purse and take some to the hospital it can stop hemoraging instantly I always pack it in my hospital back and thankfully haven't ever had to use it. Good Luck I hope that all goes well you will be in our prayers