background

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sew..... a needle pulling thread....

So.... I just realized that I had a ton of sewing projects that I would like to get done before baby comes and as of tomorrow I am considered full term!!! Do I think the baby will come early?? No. But I like being prepared. Besides I can always hope that it does come early. Right now I think the end of 38 weeks and 39 weeks would be a perfect time for baby to come, but that's up to baby to decide! Anyways.... back to sewing. I finally feel the urge, pressure, desire to sew. This is what I accomplished this week.....

I have no clue why these pictures are the wrong way. They are correct in the file, but blogger is flipping them! I tried the applique stitch and I really like how it turned out. I was going to make a big brother shirt for Wes, but the 2t/3t package of shirts are too small and the 4t is way to big. Plus, I found one for $2, and it saves me a sewing project!
Here is a Sunday shirt for my new little man. I plan of making some black slacks to go with them. I hope to get to that next week. I also found a newborn pair of dress shirt brand new for $3 to go with them!! I started a different one with a tie out of a scrap of tie I made for Wesson that matches one of Kent's ties. I thought it would be cute for all three of my boys to match. I put wonder under on it and for some reason, it would not let me zig zag, and it gummed my my needle. So that one went in the trash!
It's not a new sewing project, but I got my crib up finally and here is what my quilt looks like in the crib. * Notice the Toy Story pillow.... Wesson thinks that Baby Barrett needs that pillow... and wants to share it. He won't let me put it back in his bed! What a great big brother he will be!



I did make a crib skirt this week! I wanted to use the brown and white polka dot material from the quilt, but after two different runs to JoAnn's (who did not have it) I gave up and went with brown.  I thought it turned out just as good.


Since I've been making so many things for the baby I had to make something for Wes!!! I saw this material and fell in love with it. It's decor fabric, so I had a hard time deciding what to make with it. Then I saw this and knew what to do!!! He is always wanting to bring a train or a car with him to Grandma's house when she babysits him and so I always have toys in my purse. Now he has a cute backpack to put a few toys in to take with him!!!
I think it's a winner!!!

Next on my sewing list:
Supsenders
newborn black slacks
puff quilt #2
Diaper and wipes case
taggie blankets


So after I wrote this post I decided to work on the Sunday slacks for Barrett.
Here they are...
 back view
 front view
 Close up of the front

Close up of the back. The pocket are not straight, but it doesn't look as bad as the picture shows. I was too lazy to fix it, and I figured that babies pant never stay in place anyways. So no one should notice. Right!?!

3 comments:

Harmony’s House said...

I love all of your projects! They are wonderful!

Geevz said...

Your projects look fantastic! Great job! You have inspired me to try and find an applique stitch on my sewing machine.

richard o. said...

My goodness. The picture of Wesson with a big grin is a dead ringer for his daddy when Kent was that age.