Lots of people have asked how Wesson is handling me being pregnant and if he understands what is going on. Wesson has done a lot of cute things lately that I want to document. I've just been too lazy to write them all down. Here are some of the cute things he has done lately with the baby.
* Yesterday he told me that he would set the timer and when the timer goes off, the baby would then come out!!!
* He loves patting the baby, talking to the baby, and kissing the baby!!!
* He thinks the baby is only by my belly button, and tells me all the time that "That is where the baby is going to come out!" I just nod my head and smile!!!
* He will try to give the baby a drink with his sippy cup through my belly button!
* He has a firetruck with a hose attached that he loves to play with. Several times he will place the hose in my belly button and go "SHHHHH I am giving the baby water!SHHHH It's thirsty!"
* He attended the gender ultrasound and the last ultrasound. He got bored fast and insisted that the picture on the screen was water and the baby and not "mommy's belly"
* He loves talking about Baby Barrett and telling people the baby's name.
* Wesson has a book called "Hello baby!" that goes through a pregnancy as a big brother and how the baby grows, doctor's appointments, Grandma watching him while mom has the baby, and things like that. In the book While Grandma watches him while waiting for the baby to come they make cookies, build a fort, and color pictures. Wesson will now tell me that when I go to the hospital and Grandma watches him, he will make cookies, build forts, and color. He thinks he has to do everything the boy in the book does!!!
* He has not felt the baby move. He will not sit long enough to feel a kick, and doesn't really care.
* When it is icy outside he will hold my hand and help me walk so I don't fall and hurt baby Barrett!
* I was putting the bassinet together the other day and talking about when the baby will sleep. The next thing I see is Wesson pulling a chair over to the Bassinet and him placing a pillow from his bed and his favorite blankets in the Bassinet for Baby Barrett. He refused to take them back for several weeks. In fact, there is still a blanket and pillow in there. Some time I throw stuff in there or clothes on it until they get put away correctly. When this happens Wesson becomes very concerned about objects blocking the baby's bed and will remind me to move the things until they are gone.
* Wesson will pray for " Baby Barrett to grow up healthy and strong" and that "he will come out of Mommy's belly."
I hope these are signs that he will be a great big brother and he will not have any issues when baby comes along. But I won't count my chicken before they hatch. This week he has had a hard time taking naps, and then waking up early in the morning screaming and wanting in bed with me. Which he NEVERS sleeps in bed with us! And wanting me to carry him around more. I hope that is a faze he is going through, but I'm trying to spend extra time with him instead of laying or sitting on the couch resting. He loves babies and little kids and using this cute soft high pitch voice with them and pets them gently on the head. I love watching him with other kids! And I can't wait to see what a good big brother he will be with Barrett!!!
This post would not be complete without some pictures of my little man!!!
He loves to help me cook!!! Especially when I let him lick the bowels clean!!!
Bundled up playing in the snow on our deck. It finally got warm enough for him to go out and play in it! In fact, he wanted to build a snowman and instructed me to get a carrot for the snowman's nose!!!
Here he is being a silly boy! This is the look I usually get when I ask him to smile! Usually he will refuse to look at the camera and run away! All other times I get this!
He loves reading Curious George. One of his favorite is when George makes pancakes. In the story George sprinkles blueberries on the pancakes. I asked Wesson what he wanted for dinner one night and his answer was pancakes (which is a favorite of his). Then he adds that we have to sprinkle blueberries on them before we flip them. Which we did! So here he is making "Curious George Pancakes!" Which he did not like eating, but Mommy and Daddy did!!!
3 comments:
SO CUTE! He will be an awesome big brother!
I can't believe he's almost 3! It sounds like he's getting ready for baby! How fun!
I can't believe how big he is! I was shocked even the last time I saw him, I'm sure he's so much bigger now.
I love hearing his reactions to baby Barrett. When my sister was pregnant with her last baby, her 2 year old would try to 'feed' the baby by stuffing crackers and such into my sister's belly button when she wasn't paying attention :)
I can't wait to see the little guy, though I'm not sure when that will be!
Post a Comment