background

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

31 week appointment

Went to the doctor and I still am measuring 4 weeks early. So that means I measure at 35 weeks. Bummer. I was hoping that it would be less. I asked my doctor what that means. If I would just have a big baby, or if I need to worry about something else (c-section). She won't tell me one way of another. She think the baby is "generous" in size. I told her my last one was big, and she replied that I also had a c-section. I should have mentioned he had a c-section because his head was positioned wrong and not because it was too big. She had me schedule an  ultrasound for my next 2 week appointment before I come see her. She also mentioned that she would have me have another ultrasound closer to my due date around 38 weeks, to look at the size again. I'm hoping I just have extra fluid or something and that the baby is not too big that I have to have a c-section. Or rather my doctor would feel strongly about me having one and not allowing a VBAC. :( On a positive note I gained less than a pound. But on the other hand she told me I am not allowed to run outside anymore. I can run on a treadmill, but it's too icy to run outside and she doesn't want me to fall and injure myself and my baby. So it looks like it's the treadmill and "Mom's into Fitness-- 3rd Trimester" for me. I'll post another picture next weeks and you can see how much bigger I am. Which is twice as big as most people!

No comments: