So here it is!!!
I did a different pattern than the last one.
So tell me what you think. I know they almost look the same, but which do you like better?
Quilt #1
or Quilt #2
In addition to finishing the top of my quilt, I also went to the store and bought the High and Low loft batting for just one quilt. Instead of paying $20 for the batting I got it for $11!!!! The measurement again were wrong on the tutorial. I think I might try making my own with different direction and how to save money on making one of these beauties!!! What do you think? I got a bag of high loft batting which cost less then buying it off the roll and it was 30% off. Then for the the low loft batting she also mentions that you can use fleece. Well the fleece was 40% off and normally cost more than the batting on sale. Remember the batting is 30% off. I decided to go to the remnants (which is the part of the fabric that is left over on a bolt and too small to sale. Usually for 30% the normal price) section of fabric and got a piece of fleece. So the fleece was already marked down, but then I got it for an additional 50% off. So I got a little more than I needed, because I know I would use it for different projects. I paid $2 for my low loft batting instead of $9.99. Monday I plan on going to JoAnn's and getting the milky (normally over $12 a yard) for 50% off!!! Can't wait!!!Let me know which quilt you like the best!!!!
6 comments:
I think I like quilt 2 better, but like you said, they are so similar! I think you've done a great job on them, and got some awesome deals!!!
It turned out amazing! I say #2. And maybe sell the other one and get your money back? Ha! Great work, craft queen.
I like #1 :)
#1. Can't believe the tutorial is wrong. That is air-headed!
I like #2 - I love all the blues together.
#2. I love how the blues and browns are next to eachother in that one. It makes them stand out more.
Post a Comment