background

Monday, January 17, 2011

Lately the weather here has been really cold. Like -17 cold on some days. Needless to say, I've missed my running outside. Today we were supposed to get freezing rain and drizzle all day. So I was going to miss my run again and be stuck workout inside. But when it came time to run, it was a marvelous 37 degrees!!! I even got 3 miles in before it got too dark. It took me 45 mins. but it was 3 miles outside!!!! It just reminded me that I was  training for my first 1/2 marathon this time last year and the problems I had running outside. One time my uncle (who ran it with us) was talking to my dad and asking why I was having such a hard time with my running. My dad responds "Well.... when it's below zero outside with a negative wind chill, and the snow is up to you knees (remember we had a blizzard this time last year) LanaMarie just has a hard time finding running outside!" My Uncle responded with a "well I guess I can see why she is having trouble."
I can't wait for the weather to stay around the 30- 40's so I can keep running outside. By that time will be more walking than running, but you get the idea.

1 comment:

Devin & Ruthann said...

You are amazing to run in that weather and being so far along in your pregnancy!