background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

37 week appointment

I'm so excited about my appointment today. If you remember I was measuring 2 weeks ahead with extra fluid at my last appointment and it was making my Ob nervous. Today I had another ultrasound followed by a doctor's appointment. At the Ultrasound they told me I had no extra fluid (yeah) and that baby was measuring at 37 weeks 5 days. I am 37 weeks and 2 days, so only 3 days ahead!!!! The estimated that on the heavy end he weighs 7lbs 6 oz. So the 64% for size. Yeah!!! At the doctor so didn't say a word about being worried, or about a c-section, or keeping an eye on things!!!! She just commented on how great everything looked and the size of things!!!! I had her check me, not that it really means anything, I am dilated to a "tight" 2cm and 50% effaced. Though still toward the back. Yesterday I was having contractions starting 11 am and last though out the night. They were very inconsistent and I knew I wasn't going to the hospital any time soon. I was just hoping that they were doing something!! Which it looks like there were!!!!! Oh! and I only gained a 1 lb! My eating healthy is paying off! My doc is out of town all of next week, which is fine with me. I also scheduled my appointment for the end of the week (Friday) to see if that might buy me some more time latter down the road. As of tomorrow my my mom goes out of town for 2 weeks! My sister is getting married, which I will miss. (sad day) So if I have the baby before 39 weeks, my mom will not be here to help out, but if I have it too late she is my sub for work and still can't help me. So I'l shooting for 39 or 40 weeks. (40 weeks is spring break)
I am feeling great! I workout still 3-4 times a week. I walked 3 miles yesterday, it felt great to be outside. It was a lovely 36 degrees!!! I hope to get more outside walking down this week! I still don't my much swelling!! I did stop running around 33 weeks. I can't wait to start up again.  It feels weird to me to work out and be tired, but not sore the next day.

2 comments:

Torey said...

You're doing great and looking fabulous as well. Good work momma!

Talina said...

I'm glad you got so much good news! I can't believe how close you are. Nice work on the exercising and healthy eating. You are doing great!