background

Thursday, March 17, 2011

39 week appointment

Today was my 39 week appointment. I am 39 weeks 4 days. I went in found out I lost a lb.!!!! Yeah!!! I even ate a whole gallon of frozen yogurt a few days ago!!!I felt so much like a pregnant woman just pigging out. My choice is food has not been the greatest.  She checked me, and I am now 3cm dilated and effaced to 75%. I had her go ahead a strip the membranes. Last time this didn't work with me, so we will see if this did anything. I measured at 39 weeks. She asked me how far she want me to let me go. I told her 42 weeks. She said that is fine. But I'll have to go in twice during 41 weeks for non-stress test and to check fluid levels and such. I told her I was fine with that. Since I have no longer been measuring ahead, she is so supportive of me going VBAC!!!! It's so nice not having to worry about c-section anymore.  Unless I go to 42 weeks. Exercise wise, I walk about 9 miles a week. The weather has been so nice I rather walk instead of doing a DVD. I still have contractions every night, I've also dropped even farther. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I can't wait to meet my new little man!!!

2 comments:

Torey said...

You're so close and in such good spirits! I'm glad to hear that your wishes for a VBAC are not being hindered by your doctor or your pregnancy. Way to go mama!

Talina said...

That is great that she is being supportive. I'm glad she'll let you go to 42 weeks. I know a lot of OBs won't let you go more than a week late, which is silly since a normal pregnancy is 38-42 weeks. 40 is just an average.
Nice job on the walking. Keep up the good work and he'll be here before you know it!