background

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Contractions

For the last few weeks every evening I get Braxton hick contractions. Some are stronger than others, but I would not say they were painful. At least to me. Last night, Kent was playing with me belly when he asked me " Are you having a contraction?"
me- "no"
Kent- "Are you sure? Feel you stomach it's really hard."
me-" I guess it is, but i don't feel anything"
Kent continues to prod my belly around. It got soft again an the about 5min later it got hard all over again. "Are you sure you can't feel that?"
me- "No, I don't feel anything."
The only way I could feel the contraction was placing my hands on my stomach and feel my muscles tighten up. I didn't time them, but it was about every 5min apart. This went on for several hours, before I went to sleep. I figured if it was real labor I might as well get the sleep I can now.
I would have pain in between the contractions. Baby Barrett would go crazy and kick me and head butt me, that caused pain, but not the contractions. I thought this was really weird.
I have not had any other signs of labor like nesting, bloody show, or losing my mucus plug. But I do get these weird contractions. I hope they are doing something.
Has anyone else heard of this happening?

1 comment:

Harmony’s House said...

Mom says that she never felt any labor pains or contractions at all. They registered on the machines at the hospitals and everything, but she couldn't really feel anything!