When we got dismissed from the hospital the doctor was concerned about Barrett being on the edge of having jaundice. So they called us when we got home and wanted us to stop by the lab the next morning for a blood sample. His levels were borderline the day we left. So the next day we all bundle up and head to the doctor's office give a blood sample and head home. The call us a couple hours later to tell us his levels went up and he will have to be put on lights. "Great" I thought. "Now I have to make another trip to the doctor's!" But no, the set up a time to come out to our apt. set up the lights and told us what to do. Not only that, but they come out daily to take a blood sample and take it to the lab. Then they talk to the doctor and call us and tell us if we need to continue the lights of not. When we are done, they come and pick them up!!!! No leaving the house for us!!! I love my doctor's office. So in the mean time we have our own little glow worm.
Here he is all hooked up. He has to be on them 24/7. So that hose makes breastfeeding a little more complicated, but at least I can hold him all I want!!!
He doesn't mind it all. It's really funny during the night. He whole bassinet just glows! It's my own little night light. It helps me get him latched on correctly and so I can see better when I change his diapers in the middle of the night.
He has been on it for 2 days, and we are waiting to find out if he can take them off today. We are waiting for the nurse to come. She will weight him, yes she even brings a scale, take his blood (sad), and check our parent journal with temp and how many dirty diapers he has had during the day. He has been struggling to have enough dirty diapers, but I think he got enough yesterday to make them happy.
On the bright side.. the last couple of nights he has only been awake to eat and then go back to sleep. He eats every 4 hours, but since he is on the lights I have to wake him up and feed him every 3 hours. So I've been getting a good amount of sleep. I just hope it stays like this, but it could be different tonight!
He is such a cutie and a mellow baby right now. Wesson loves him and is always giving him kisses, holding him, giving him toys to play with, and singing to him. We have not had any problems so far. I love my boys!!!
2 comments:
That is the cutest glow worm I have ever seen.
You inspire me. I want to do my next baby VBAC as well. I have had 2 C-Sections, so this is my last chance to try VBAC. Hope you are all adjusting to life with 2 kids. It gets crazy but always worth it.
Post a Comment