background

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sewing!!

So know that I got a sewing machine. I had to use it! Well, first I had to figure out how to use it, then I could start sewing!!! So first I made a Tu-Tu. I know! Why make a Tu-Tu? Well, I work at a in home daycare that a friend started. So I made it for her dress up box. But.... I had to have someone model it so...


I know he looks so cute!! I bet he is going to love these pictures when he gets older! But don't worry.

I took one with him holding a golf club so he could feel manly!

I also finished three of the six throw pillows. I need to go get some more fabric. Like? they were so ugly before, plus they were falling apart.
Next project more appliqueing one oneies and making cloth shoes to match. I''m a little nervous about making the shoes by myself, but I'm going to give it a shot. It's a lot different sewing with out my mom there to ask questions and to make sure I'm doing everything right. But it's really nice to sew at my own house and not having to pack up the baby and keep him entertained while sewing.

6 comments:

JenShoe said...

He is so cute and that is such a fun age! I can't wait for my next to get here!

Tasha said...

I really need to learn from the pro:) Today I forgot that I volunteered for the special olympics, but I think I'm free next Thursday! I haven't been sewing yet too much--I'm waiting for the materials to go on sale this weekend--any must-have tools I should buy?

Harmony said...

Cute pillows! I was scared too to start sewing (like my formal dress) without my mom handy to ask questions! But then I realized I could do it on my own and it has been so nice! What kind of machine did you end up with?

Jennifer said...

Like the pillows!

Rachel said...

Hahaha! Oh black mail pics for sure...
I totally need to sew some pillows. Good job. I know what you mean about having your mom there. I was lucky my mom came out in time to help me with Bennett's blessing outfit or it wouldn't have gotten done!

Devin & Ruthann said...

Thanks for the compliment about my scrapbook pages. I use Adobe Phototshop Elements 6.0. There is a newer version out, 7.0 I think, but I've heard it has kinks that they didn't really work out so 6.0 is actually better. I really like it but I know it does SO many things that I don't even use!