First off, thank you for your comments. Having a healthy baby is my main goal, but I get don't want to gain as much weight as I did with the last one (50 lbs). I just get frustrated being so gosh darn big. I am constantly having people ask me if I'm having twins, or if I am due any day!!! Then they act all shocked when I tell them I have until March!!! Plus, I'm bigger than everyone else that I know that is pregnant the same time or before me. At least I know I'm smaller than I was with the Wesson at stage.
My doctor's appointment was crazy!!! I had an ultrasound on the second floor at 1:30 followed with a doctor's appointment at 2:40. But I also had my glucose test in there as well. So I had to plan on drinking it at the doctor's between my appointments. First, I had my ultrasound. At the last one the couldn't get good pictures of the heart or profile because the baby wouldn't move. This time he still didn't want to move, but they got what they needed. I then went to the bathroom and drank my yummy drink. I went down a floor and checked into my doctor's office. They called me back and I did the normal routine. Blood pressure, pee in a cup, and wait for the doctor. She comes in and tries to get the heart beat, but can't because the baby would stay still long enough. Now he want's to move. I guess he liked that sugar! You can see my belly moving around and poking out when he kicks me. My doctor gives up and tells me "I have no worries about the health of that baby!". I then tell her I'm nervous about not going into labor by my due date before she cuts me open, and I wonder if a midwife would give me more time. She then tells me that I CAN go up to 42 weeks before she will cut me up, and that the midwifes have to follow the same guide lines. I like this answer, but decide to try to make an appointment with a midwife to interview her to see what she thinks. Plus I think since I am going natural a midwife would be more helpful. Well, they tell me they have to get my request approved by a superior, then they would call me back. They call me back and ALL of the midwifes are full from march until June!!!
After that I go back in the waiting room for another 20 mins until it's time to get my blood drawn for the test. They call me back and have to poke me 4 times before they get any blood!!! Before they poke me the last time they make me drink half of my water bottle. (I was concerned about drinking too much water for my ultrasound, which I needed to be empty, and then having enough to pee later, but not drinking any after I drank mu glucose drink.) They also had another person take it the last time, which was the time I bruised. I then got to go home. I was there for 2 hours.
I am glad that my doctor now knows my concern about having a c-section and is willing to give me more time. I'm bummed that the midwifes were full, and now I know for the next baby that I need get scheduled fast!! I do think that the midwife would have been the best option, but I do like my doctor and I am not as worried about getting a c-section and being allowed time to go into labor first!!! I would love to get a doula, but that take more money than we got right now, so unless someone want to volunteer to come yell in my face and tell me to breath and that I can push that baby out. ( feel free to volunteer) I will read my book practice my scrips and focus on relaxing techniques. I will just keep brain washing myself that I can do it!!!
2 comments:
Wow! You DID have a busy appointment. Good for you for talking things over with your OB.I'm really glad you are able to be at ease a little more. That's a bummer that the midwives were booked. Did you call the midwife your friend reccomended from the other hospital?
If we can time it right, I will totally coach/yell at you during your delivery! . . . I wonder if we can combine your labor with some sort of famly event so I can get 2 birds with one stone on that trip :)
I think it is awesome that you are going natural. I can't wait to hear all about it so I can get more feedback on the experience.
Post a Comment