background

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Halloween



So I am finally getting around to posting picture from Halloween. I never could get a good picture of Wesson wearing all of his spider costume. He really had no interest in wearing it. In fact e was scared of it for a while. About 2 weeks before Halloween he suddenly became scared of spiders. I already had his costume made, so I made him wear it anyways. I'm proud to say that he is not afraid of spiders anymore. For his costume, I found a hat cut circles out of felt and sewed them on the hat. Then I bought a black shirt and black pants. For the spider arms I took some men's tube socks and stuffed them with grocery sacks them used a shoe lace and attached all the arms to it and then sewed it around the wrist of his arms to help hold it up. It was fast, easy, and I thought adorable.
This was my costume. I also had black pant instead of jeans. I saw this idea from make it and love it the night before our Halloween party. So I ran to the store and bought everything I needed, expect the store only had part of the things I needed so i improvised.  I hand drew the stencil for the skeleton part and painted it that night. I did a second coat in the morning. It turned out ok, not as good as I wanted.
For Halloween we went to our wards Trunk of Treat. Wesson really didn't care about getting candy, we wanted to run around in circles the whole night. Which means hardly any candy for him, so hardly any candy for me!!! Yeah, that is not stuff I need in my house, or a little boy eating all day. Following the trunk or treat we had a party with some friends. It was relaxed and lot of fun!!! It was one of the best Halloweens I've had.

1 comment:

Harmony’s House said...

His costume is so funny and cute! I love it! I also really like that you make your kids do things they don't want to, and that he isn't into candy! That made me laugh!