background

Monday, December 27, 2010

Sewing projects and an opinon




So of course I couldn't let Christmas go by without doing a sewing project. My in laws are moving and are getting ready to sell their house. The living room ended up having a brown couch and a black couch in the same room. So my goal was to make some throw pillows that would help blend the two couches together. I made three different kinds of pillows. I didn't follow any tutorials I just came up with something  I thought was cute. There pictures were taken on my couch. I also made some Christmas kitchen towels, but I forgot to take pictures of them before I shipped them off.

I am planning on making a blanket like this for Baby Barrett. I am following a tutorial found here. 
I plan on using a charm pack, because I figure it would be easier and cheaper. Plus I would have the perfect amount of fabric and it will all be pre-cut.
Here are two charm packs that I found, I'm not in love with either of them. I like them, but I'm nervous trying to match up different fabric and getting the correct amount of fabric.
Do you like this one?
Or this one?
Or should I just try and find fabric I love by myself?

 Please leave your opinion!!!!

3 comments:

Alicia W said...

Find your own fabric! You can do it! Maybe look at old shirts? Or just shop for cheap fabric. Use pieces from old projects. Good luck.

Matt and Maggie said...

LOVE that you're doing that pillow quilt! If I had to pick between the two, "It's a Hoot" is better. I know pre-cut is super tempting too, but I say shop for your own. You have great taste!

Brewer Family said...

I love the pillows you did. You are so talented! I like the "It's a Hoot" because the colors are more vibrant.