background

Friday, June 12, 2009

New Purse

So I saw this cute purse on my cousin's blog that she made for her mom and mother in law for Mother's day. I thought it would make a cute small diaper bag. You know something you can throw a diaper, wipes, wallet, and snacks without having to lug around the real thing. I asked her where she got the pattern and she sent me here.

http://www.themikkelsens.net/sarah/journal/2009/03/pleated-purse-pattern.html

It had a tutorial and everything. Very nice! So I set to work this afternoon and finished it! I made several mistakes and have to rip a few seams, but I did it without having to call me mom!!! I mostly just made dumb mistakes and didn't read the direction correctly. It's not perfect, but I like it!

Yes, it is the same material as my throw pillows but I loved the fabric and I had extra. Now me and my couch are "twinners". Go me!!

2 comments:

Beka said...

that was fast! good job!

Tasha said...

I'm so impressed. Bring to church Sunday I'd love to see it! And the pillow material was awesome, so it's a good choice:) I may (finally) be working but maybe Thursday night if I can find fabric I like for the ties/shoes before then??