background

Friday, June 5, 2009

World's Worst Mom!!

So yesterday I found a jogging stroller at a garage sale for $25!! I brought it home today, so I decided to switch my old stroller for the newer one in my car. But OOPS!!! while switch strollers I placed my keys in the trunk and then closed it. Well normally you get the second pair of keys and open it up, well we only have one set! And my apt was locked, my husband just drove off, my phone is back in the apt., and my baby was in the apt.!!!! Crap!!! What do I do now?? At least I knew Wesson was sleeping in his crib. So I run across the whole apt. complex and knocked on the managers door to see if I could use her phone to call Kent. Luckily, she was home! I called, Kent turned around (he was already running late to work) and gave me the keys so I could get in the apt. So now I have a phone and I can get inside, but I can't leave! Sure I can leave my door unlocked, but we have a stupid security door that locks behind you and no call button to open it! Plus my keys are still in the trunk. So here is the plan! My parents have a spare set, so my mom is bring them by later today so I can at least leave my apt. Then my brother is stopping by after work to try to break into my car! He is pretty sure he can do it. So I guess that means, no walking, no going to the library, and no doing laundry. But you can bet I plan on getting a spare set of keys, even if it is going cost us about $200! Which was the reason we didn't get them in the first place. Though the car company was supposed to send us a spare which they didn't do and they lost my license plate. Grr! Oh, well. I feel like the world's worse mom, for locking my kid in and not having a way to get him!!! Talk about scary!!! Wish my luck at getting my keys!!!

2 comments:

Matt and Maggie said...

Maybe the worst mom in the complex, but not the world. Just kidding. I know just how scary that was. Why didn't Kent get the keys from the trunk? I hope your day goes better. We'll have to walk next week.

Rachel said...

Good luck good luck! You're only a bad mom if you left the little guy in there on purpose...and went out drinking...and forgot about him...