So Wesson was a good sleeper, meaning I could put him in bed and after a few minutes he would fall asleep, but then we moved and everything changed. It's been two months and nap time and horrible. About the same time we moved he also learned how to stand up in his crib, so I would leaving him in his crib and he would cry for a bit and then stand up and play around. One time a week after we moved I found him chewing on the mini blinds. So now our new blinds have bite marks all over them. GRRR! So then I would have to hold him in my arms screaming at the top of his lungs for 15-30min before he would fall asleep. Only to have him freak out when I stood to take him to him room. So he would some times only get one nap a day and when he did wake up he was always supper grumpy. Then we went on vacation and because of the whole strange bed thing I would lay down with his so he would sleep. Now he was taking two naps a day and they were each an hour! But I had to lay down with him, not a good habit. Then I found this book!

I am in love with it. It explains so much and helps for child of all ages. I wish I read it before Wesson was born. Now Wesson sleeps about 13 hours at night. I put him in bed after his bottle he crys until I walk out the door and close it, then it is quiet and he goes to sleep. And for nap time today I held him in my arms for 5 min to calm him down (no screaming) and placed him in bed awake after 4 min he was alseep!!!! I decided that he only needs one nap a day even though only 10% of one year old are down to one nap, but he is sleeping more at night and is sleeping the right amount of time for his age. Plus he is not screaming and going right to sleep!!!!
Now about the hives!!!
So I feed Wesson eggs this morning for the first time. I know they are not allowed to have eggs until they are one! I figured since he turns ONE TOMMORROW!!! that is would not be a big deal. After we got ready I went to my mom's so we could finish making a quiet book for his birthday! He was being fussy. I figured he had too much milk. I was trying a new thing and seeing how much milk he could handle. Plus he is teething again. I figured the fussyness was from that! Then I discover he was covered in HIVES!!! and they were getting worse. His whole body was bright red and covered in HIVES! So I put some anti-itch cream on him to see if that would help, but I didn't know if I could give him benedrul or not. So I tried calling his doctor, but the number in my phone was wrong. So I looked it up on the internet, but that one was wrong. (they just changed building this month) So I call a 24 hr nurse line through my insurance. They said I needed to make sure I contacted my doctor, becasue at this point they were getting worse. Then also to give him a cool bath with baking soda. I then found the correct number for my doctor and left a message. I took Wesson home gave him a cool bath with baking soda. ( I know need to buy more next time I'm at the store) Wesson did not like that it lasted about 3min, then I took him out and put Aveeno baby lotion on him. He looks better now. He is sleeping and I'm still waiting for the nurse to call me back. Now I know! No eggs and No milk!
4 comments:
You certainly have many adventures at your house! :) Where did he get all of his allergies?
Got your message this weekend but we were camping! As usual, I'm always on the run but I'll try to call back this week. I'm juggling trying to keep up with my house, church calling, sewing a dress for a friend's piano recital, planning sharing times... My list never gets any smaller!!!!
i dont remember hearing that about no eggs before 1, just milk...i think?? also i really liked the BABYWISE book (everyone raved about it)
I'll have to make sure I put that book on my reading list before having a baby. What a troublemaker, chewing on those new blinds. Where did you go on vacation? The flowers and message board look lovely by the way. I can't wait to see the pillows!
I too love Babywise. Aside from that, all I can say is, "OY!" He is a lovable handful. :)
Post a Comment